Tuesday, April 08, 2008

 

Regreso a Rossendale

I booked my holiday with the Jobcentre Plus (can anyone tell me what the "Plus" means) and bought my ticket with Megabus (Not a megabus but cheap and ok) and Sunday morning arrived and I got up to get ready for my journey north to find snow. Shelley was up excited about the snow, Fos the cat was puzzled, but interested by the white cold stuff.

I was still suffering with the cold over here and Sunday was really cold and oh joy I was going north! Peckham Rye was covered and people were making snow men and snow ball fighting.

I remember seeing Megabuses before and they were the double-decker basic buses. I guess that their cheapness had paid and they now have a fleet of new plusher buses like National Express. Ok the buses are not that great in the big picture after Latin America. The seats are narrow (4 across the bus), not leather, and don't recline. Your ticket doesn't included meals and drinks (whiskey). But this is England and the good thing is that the journey time was only 5 hours. Some people behind me were going to Glasgow on the same bus and said it was 11 hours and said how it was a really long journey. I thought only 11 hours that's ok, all the roads are covered in tarmach!

Usually traveling up the M66 and the Edenfield bypass I'm greated by hills on either side not on this Sunday. You could just see the hills through the almost white-out. Considering the snow and I was traveling on a Sunday I had good conections and a easy journey. After stopping off at the Super to get some cervazas I walked up to Edgeside and to my mothers to see her for the first time in over 8 months.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?