Monday, April 14, 2008

 

1st skate of the season.

When I was traveling there was one thing that I did miss, that was getting out and getting some exercise. It was quite easy to hire Mountainbikes from time to time. But always the brakes would be the oposite way around to the normal way here. I see that miss 35 Litres has just been mountainbiking somewhere in the Far East. But if your not used to the brakes being a certain way I guess it's quite easy to jump on any bike and just ride. It's not too much of a job to change them around but quite often the shops just aren't interested in doing it, ie your safety.

The other sport I missed was skating. Now there was a place I found in Uruguay where you could hire inline skates but they were only for hire in the rink and the rink was tiny and the skates weren't that good. So I just got a email from Mike van erp to say that the London Wednesday night skate is starting again this week, so I'll be packing my skates and bringing them back down to London ready for Wednesday night.

==================================================

Well, back from the skate and it was a good one. Probably about 150 skaters, well that's a guess. I got to Hyde Park and got my pads and skates on, then sat there on the bench. I was just sat there thinking will I remember how to skate. I finally got up and gave it a go. The funny thing was not having skated for over 8 months, my brain seemed to know how to skate, so did my body, but it was the sensation of moving as a skater that my brain had problems with and I had a feeling of what the hell is going on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?