Saturday, March 01, 2008

 

Colonia parte dos

Well, I´m back in colonia only this time staying at the Hostel Español. The big advantage at this hostel is that you can do your washing in one of the sinks in the court-yard. My washing was washed, drying and I went for a shower. While in the shower there was a storm and flash flood (there´s a lot of that going around at the moment), and I was back to square one.

Sunday and the sun is shining and I´m not too far from home so i should have some clean kit for tonight.
Tomorrow I´m on the slow boat to Buenos Aires at 8:30 pm so should get there for 11:30.

One thing I noticed last night was all the classic cars that were around town. Old Ford Escourts, Anglias, BMW etc. This morning there were all setting off from the centre of town. It said something about 19 capitals in hispanoamerica. I guess you can get two for the price of one with Bolivia.

Everywhere you look here people are drinking mate. I remember talking to one guy on the bus to Punto del Este and he said the Argentinian joke (Broma o chiste) is that the Uruguayans are born with a Thermos flask and a mate in hand.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?