Thursday, February 14, 2008

 

**** SitRep ****

I´m glad I have a blog and that I´ve been keeping it up-to-date on this trip. Now, at times it has been a pain, and sometimes I just didn´t know what to write and there were times when I didn´t have that much time. But, now I have lots to say and plenty of time, this is the most difficult post I´ve written for different reasons. After coming back to Buenos Aires and having a few packed days together Lisa has gone. We went to the airport together last night and said our goodbyes.

Why are we not going back together? (please don´t get the wrong idea that we have split up, we haven´t and I will be coming back to London) Well that´s a long story. It was always the plan to do some voluntary work at the end of the trip and to date we haven´t done any. If it wasn´t for certain things we would have gone to Pisco to help out with the earthquake clear up. I then thought I found work with Gravity Bolivia. Which turns out there wasn´t. While chatting with a girl in a Hostel in Puerto Madryn we both used the term "selfish altruism". I want to do something which means someting but I want to improve my Spanish as well.

So I now have a ticket back to London for the beginning of June, I am really tired with traveling and I have nothing to do. I know that there are plenty of great things near by which don´t involve that much travelling, but my plan is to take a few days to chill and think about what to do. I do have a few ideas on how to be productive, which I guess I´ll talk about some other time.

One of the things I want to do is to keep working on this blog. To talk about highlights of the trip lowlight as well, animals, food, money, kit post mortem and while this is not a travel blog, some travel stuff as well. In other words lots of random stuff. Obviously I´ll be keeping it updated with what I´m doing as well as the last few days with Lisa (Tango dancing, Food, Show - Cementary).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?