Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 

Punto del Este

Shakira has a house here, so does Julio Iglesias. Why for the miles of sandy beaches and the sunshine. Well, my blog is called too grey to grind and at the moment the sky here is saying "too grey to go out", it´s wet and cold down here on the beach and it´s not the cheapest place to spend time. Nor the most entertaining, there´s not much, well, nothing cultural here.

There`s only two hostels in town because it´s not really that sort of place. I´m in the "1949" and I´ve been put in the room with the same loud lot from Montevideo. I thought I had escaped. Back in Montevideo I´m going to get a hotel room and hopefully a good night´s sleep.

I remember talking to a guy from Oz and he said that there´s more silicone in the girls here than in the sand. Well, after 3 cold wet and windy days here I´ve not seen any of that. I´ve had a few walks to the cold, sorry I mean old town, which is cool. There´s a rocky beach and it´s been quite atmospheric sitting and watching the waves and mateando. Yes, I´m still trying to get to grips with mate. After reading a bit about it and talking to some people, if you are drinking it by your self it is more of a meditation drink. So, that´s been me meditating by the sea, drinking some strange green tea.

Well, rather than meditating I found myself thinking about Brighton. When I was living down there on nights like this I´d go down to the sea front and watch the sea, and you´d have crazy people playing drums, and looking at the sea.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?