Friday, February 22, 2008

 

Colonia a Montevideo

The trip over to Montevideo was quick, even my trips from London to Manchester are over 3 hours but this trip was only 2 and a half hours. So by Latinamerican standards very short.

Traveling without a Lonley Planet in hand was was a new experience this trip, I have travelled before without one but now after 6 months I had grown sick of the sight of the book. Not having one was not proving to be a problem. As soon as I arrived in Colonia someone gave me a map of the town and hostel advertisment. On this trip to Montevideo I was sat next to some old woman, who turned out to be an artist from Montevideo and with Russian/Polish parents. On the way she gave me all the information I needed so much so that I didn`t need a map to find the place. I had to ask a few people on the way, but all the better for practising Spanish.

I arrived at Hostel Red or Red Hostel or whatever the case is and quoted "Free Rider" and got my 10% discount. I´ve booked in for 3 nights.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?