Monday, February 04, 2008

 

Buenos Aires

San Telmo: this is the area where we are staying, it is the home of the Feria de San Telmo (street market), tango dancing, and Desnivel, the place famed for it´s steaks.

Every Sunday from 10 at the Plaza de Dorrego, Av Defensa, AvBolivar, and Humberto there is the Feria de San Telmo. Like the markets in London and El Rastro en Madrid there´s good stuff and bad. You can still get a bargain if you are compairing the prices to London. I have my eye on a nice watch. There is the tacky side as well some tango dancers advertising get your picture with a tango dancer, to me it was more advertising there´s some easy money to be made, than advertising tango. I still want to see proper Tango and how it should be done in the home of tango.

Desnivel can be found on Av Defensa, and has a old, slightly sruffy look to it which is perfect. Just what I expected. Looked quite like a Parisian Café Bar. But people don´t come here for the look or feel of the place. The star of the show is the steak. The steak I had was cooked just as I asked for it, punto. Think of "Punto" as just done or what we would call medium to bloody or you can ask for "Jugoso" juicy, rare to you and me, it will be. Ýou won´t need to put a lot of effort in to cutting or chewing the Bife de chorizo (Sirloin steak, nothing to do with chorizos), tender. I´m going to talk more on steak and stuff later. We got there early and it was filling up quickly. If you get there at the normal eating time over here you may be waiting. But do wait.


Words

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?