Tuesday, December 04, 2007

 

Tupiza

Tupiza has fantastic landscapes, this is cowboy country. Butch Casidy and the Sundance Kid setted down here to retire form all that bank robbing. Apparently one was named after the prison where he spent some time, the Sundance Prison, and the other was a Butcher. Not sure which was which, but there you go. There was a robbery at the local mine 99 years ago where all the miners wages were taken, but they never found who did it. Not Rocket Science me thinks!!! There is a Butch and Sundance tour but with little interest in it, it is very expensive I think just the tow of us would be 75pounds each for two days.

There is a Triathalon (Bike, 4x4 and horse) trip where you can see the sites, so we went for that.

Bike: an easy enough section of riding apart from the dogs and buses. There was one bus that was going so fast that I swear that it was sliding around the corner and went into a single track tunnel, sounding its horn just as it went in. We tried to get through the tunnel as quick as possible.

4x4 part 1: This was just a easy drive back to town to saddle up.

Horse: Now for the first hour I was enjoying it, I was trying to move with the horse. We were going up quebrada de inca. I just wasn`t taking in the views due to the pain, no matter how I tried to move with the horse I was getting bumped about. On the way back there seemed to be hundreds of dogs all having a go at our horses. I was glad to get of.

4x4 part 2: This was a drive up a quebrada and beyond, the drive was fantastic with iron coloured rocks and lead coloured rocks. The track was erroded with rain and very norrow in sections.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?