Monday, December 10, 2007

 

Salta a San Pedro de Atacama

It was time to say goodbye to Salta, so instead of cooking we headed out for a meal at the Irish Bar. I went for steak again, and it arrived pulsing with life, or jugoso how they call it here. We washed down our meals with a few Salta Negras, Guiness substitute. Then we crashed out early due to our early rise the next day.

Sunday morning, we were walking to the bus station at about 6am and the crowds were leaving the clubs. We arrived ready as we possibly could be for our 9 hour journey to San Pedro. The trip was smooth and quite relaxed.


Arriving at San Pedro I had no dollers to change, Argentinian pesos which I want to keep, and Bolivianos which I changed. 110 Bolivianos, enough for a room a nice meal and a piss up. In San Pedro you money dosen`t quite as far, when my 110 was changed up it came out as 5500 pasos. Most places are advertising a meal as 7000-8000, ie 7-8 quid. Considering San Pedro has a reputation as a Hippy Hangout, ........ What do I want to say? Well I always though The Hippy Way was to get away from the money rat race.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?