Monday, December 17, 2007

 

Antofagasta - terremoto

Antofagasta was surprisingly nice, Lonely Planet paints a bad picture of the place but it has a nice Plaza to hang out in. Albeit if you don`t mind a bit of hassel from Pikies. These gypsy women were begging for money for their babies and WOW how many babies did they have. Birth control was obviously a foreign concept for them. Well for all of Antofagasta, you can`t walk down any street without there being at least one pregnant woman knocking about. Also, these gypsy women far from looked like they were Hank Marvin.

The night we were leaving, well the morning about 5 in the morning. Lisa jumped into bed with me and was holding me and shaking me. Well I thought that she was shaking me, then she said "ThereĀ“s an earthquake."

Me: "oh yeh, there`s an earthquake." The whole room was shaking for another 10 seconds or so and then stopped and I went back to sleep.

The quake knocked out the electricity for our block, it was talked about on the local radio station. In the morning when the receptionist commented about it and said it was a five.

Thinking back it was all a bit sureal and I was so tired, it was like a dream. I was still tired in the morning when we left for our 12 hour journey to La Serena which turned into a 13 hour trip.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?