Saturday, November 24, 2007

 

Puno - Perú

From this small town you can vistit the Uros, the floating islands of lake titicaca. My impression of these islands were, of, what have turists done to this place. As always the locals were selling handy crafts, but they were very expensive in relative terms. A local boy was singing for us apparently in lots of different languages, but when he got to the English version we didn`t understand a word. An italian gave him s/ 20. you can see why their lifes have changed, is money is this easy to come by. Also it is, I think bad for budget travel.

Restaurant Turístico, jr lima No 418 puno. We were going to be crossing the border into bolivia, so we needed to get rid of some soles. Why not treat our selves to a posh restaurant, so we picked the above place. Everything was more expensive but what the hell. I went for a soup to start with and then Alpaca as a main, Lisa just went for a pizza. My soup came and Lisa said start. We thought they would be bringing the pizza with my main. After finishing my soup my main came and Lisa said to start. Half way through my main Lisa`s pizza still hadn`t arrived. A quick word with the waiter and we were told it was on it´s way. After finishing my main, another chat with the waiter we found out the pizza would be ready in 10 minutes ie. it wasn´t even prepared. We received no appology. We obviously left no tip, only serve food if it`s be ordered, that`s how you make your money.

Colectur: run an excellent service from Puno to copacabana for s/ 12, this is direct with the company all other companies are at lease s/22.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?