Sunday, October 14, 2007

 

The small percetage

In my last post I called an American guy staying in the hostel a hippy. Neil please don´t take offence to that name, you´re great, as are all the americans I´ve met on this trip. With one exception. Tonight we had the misfortune of meeting some guy from South Carolina. Or, how should I say a FUCKING RACIST BASTARD.
Up until this point the editor ie me has pro hibited the use of foul language but on this occasion, what the fuck. Anyone who thinks that it´s ok to bomb children in England in the name of Ireland, when they have never been there, and their only conection is a distant relative, is an cunt.

So far this has been a chilled out hostel but this changes things.

THE ABOVE: That was what I wrote last night. So to explain. We´ve been staying in the hostel Casa de la gringa, which has been chilled, well very chilled. But people have been coming and going. So when there are new people in the common area it´s usually nice to get to know them, you certainly assume that they are actually staying here. As it turns out this group of Americans were not even staying here. The rest seemed ok, it was just the guy from South Carolina who was the problem. He was saying that he was half Irish half Italian, he didn´t say what generation. Just one of the problems I had with him was that he was a IRA sympathiser. He stated that it is a war. Well, Shopping Centers are not military targets, they áre terrorist. I could go on but I wont.

You see people like this on TV, but I never thought that I would actually meet one of them. A few nights ago there were some guys here from Northern Ireland. They were great guys out for the CRACK. It would be interesting to have had them their to hear what was going on. Of all the places I´ve been so far, by this one experience, I would be more scared going to the American South than Latin America. One question I wish I asked him is "did you vote for Bush?" Then again maybe we can just assume that he did. If this is indicative of what a Bush voter is like then America is a very scary place.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?