Friday, October 12, 2007

 

Purpose

The theists would have us believe that we need a purpose to be on the face of the earth and that that purpose is to worship god. Whatever that god maybe. Although I may not believe that we have a predefinded purpose of worshiping something supernatural or beyond our perception, depending on what religion you like the best or grew up with, I do now want a purpose for this trip. Ok, I did have my goals and ideas for this trip, so those would be my purpose. But it´s now looking like those are changing. Some of the things I´ve done on this trip, that weren´t on the original plan, have been some of the highlights. So maybe it´s best to not have a plan. Well no have a plan you need one, just be flexible with it. Stopping in Cusco for over a week was not on the plan but I needed it, for time to relax and think. Now I am relaxing and thinking, I think maybe I´m thinking too much. What am I doing now and what will I do when I get back?

One of the goal of the trip was to see fantastic things that I´ve never seen before. Yes, I have done that and I am all the time. The next stop is Nazca to see the lines but I´m not liking the thought of getting on another bus. I never thought that the first time when I saw pictures of these lines back when I was a kid that I´d be able to see them for real. Moreover they are very fragile things and it is very much see them now before it is too late. So why do I seem to be more looking forward to a Sunday Roast at the Real McCoy Cusco. I would under normal circumstances be rushing to see them, but, well, as I´ve said before I personally need to travel at a slow pace.

I did have other goals, but they at the moment they are to be left on simmer. So maybe these goals are the purpose. More on those in future posts.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?