Monday, October 08, 2007

 

Normality for a week in Cusco

I´m at about the 2 and a half month stage into this trip and I need some time to chill. I just want one week where I know what day it is, to have a weekend to get pissed and to do some mountainbiking. Yes I know that I could easy be in London traveling 1 hour each way to work and doing the 9 to 5. So some may think it strange that I want some routine. I know I`ve seen some fantastic things along the way and I´ve got even more to look forward to. But you need to be able to take it all in.
Yesterday we went to the Real McCoy bar in cusco. At s/ 25 for a roast dinner it´s expensive for a budget traveler, when you can get a three course dinner with drink for s/ 10. But it was Sunday afternoon a day off and I needed a treat, and a roasty. Ok, so it was roast alpaca. But it was still nice to have a big meal. We should still be here next Sunday so same again next Sunday.
During the week to fill the time, I want to do some Spanish study. Which I´ve not had time to lately. I´ve not been improving and it´s getting me down. Well I don´t feel as though I´ve imporved. At one stage in the next few months we´re going to do some volunteer work. For me hopefully using Spanish.
Still I´m feeling happy as I know that it´s Monday. Firstly I know the day and secondly it´s the start of the week, to relax a bit and to have a weekend

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?