Friday, October 19, 2007

 

Nazca - nasca

After leaving Cusco we had our 1st class bus journey. Even 1st class 14 hours through twisting roads is a lot and not ideal for sleep. So, was the extra "Lady Godiva" worth it? My knees didnt hurt so I guess yes. Arriving at Nasca we had decided on a place to stay and we walked on in to The Walk On Inn. Free taxi from the station and at s 45 a good price although we still haven´t paid.

Mirador
You can go to the mirador by a tour for only $7 per person or you can take the bus for s/ 2 there and s/ 2 back. It´s probably more hassle to book the tour. Ok it does cost s/ 1 more to climb the steel mirador to see the first view of the lines and glifs. You can see the frog and the tree and some lines. I can remember reading Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Däniken, in my teens. Interesting book but complete BS. On the subject, god I´m getting old. Well as a result I was bracing myself for the enormity of these things, but........ Well they are a lot smaller than I thought they would be. Ok they are not tiny, but tomorrow well be going up in a plane to see these from the air, will we be able to see them? The enormity is the question why and how. Are they paths? I think they´re too narrow.

Cementerio de chauchilla
Bone yard of the nasca people to you and me. An interesting day out if a bit strange. It was cheaper for us to do it as a trip but if you have a group of four could be better to take a taxi. The rest of the trip includes a visit of the ceramics workshop which was quite interesting and then a trip to a gold processing workshop, not so interesting and some very strong hints on tips.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?