Monday, October 01, 2007

 

Cusco/cuzco

Arriving at Cusco leaves you breathless. Walk too fast and you`re panting for air. The locol cure for altitude sickness is chewing coca leaves or drinking them as a tea. My intention was always to buy some warm clothing here. Seemed the logical thing to do. You don´t need warm kit in Central America and the Alpaca wool clothes here are cheap. I got one of those silly hats for a pound (s/7).

I really want to spend a bit of time here. it´s a good base to do some mountain biking and to see the Amazon. I´ve got tired of all the travel I just want to know what day it is and to have a week with a weekend. Yes, it´s good to chill, but I like to keep productive and I feel as though I´m not at the moment. Two weeks consentrating on my Spanish wood be good, and getting pissed at the weekends.

I need to pack for tomorrow the start of the trip to do el camino inca. I´m not sure what to expect now. Most of the travel blogs I´ve read make it sound ok, people here make it sound hard going, but they would they want you to buy loads of stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?