Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 

San Jose to Lima, Perú

Well goodbye San Jose, and your McMierda, Burger King, Taco Bell,................... So we arrived at the airport and we were given, well Lisa was given an questionire to complete on how our stay was. We didn`t really do anything what was to offer and I´m sure Costa Rica has a lot to offer, but San Jose it does lack culture, ok it has a culture but if I wanted that I`d go to America. If you want to learn Spanish or practise Spanish, again don´t bother. Would I return maybe!

In the airport we could see the sky outside getting more an more grey and then when we were on the plane it started to rain. Really rain and then the storm started. Delay for the storm to pass. Lisa`s was not liking all this.

Lima Perù we arrived about 1 hour late not too bad. We had arranged a hotel and taxi through the internet and our taxi driver was waiting for us with my name on a board, "Simon Slawson"! The taxi driver was really nice. Usually their not my favourite people. He started talking in Spanish about the weather, about it being cold. After spending two months now in mostly tropical heat I was really feeling the cold. Before getting into the taxi I got my waterproof out of my Ruck to keep me warm. My fleese was in the bottom of my ruck. The chofer said to me that I needed a "Pisco". I didn´t know what pisco was. It`s the local alcoholic beverage, stonge stuff apparently. I asked about the local food he recommended "ceviche" . He turned out to be a very chatty driver giving us lots of information about the city. Are all peruvians this friendly? We arrived at our hotel, Hotel España. 47soles for a double room with bathroom. But I wasn`t expecting what we got it`s done out like a, well, like a stately home, with plaster busts and sculptures, pictures, real human skulls, guest who haven`t paid the taxi driver jokes (see pictures). We got to our room and more of the same with a BIG mirror on the wall and more pictures. So a very nice room if a bit cold. Time to get out my fleese, which I`ve not needed for the last two months. When I got it out from the bottom of my ruck it was covered in mold and stunk to high hell. Beautiful! Now that I need it I have to wash it. After washing and doing some wringing. We head out in search of food. there`s a resturant next to the hotel so why go further. Ceviche in on the menu so is pisco. Sounds good. And boy was it good. I`ve had ceviche before but not like this. It was a big plate with a mixture of prawns, sole, octopus, squid, scollops, and fresh. Easyly the best food I´ve had so far.
Pisco, well it reminds me of something but I´m not sure what. And it`s strong enough to keep you warm while your warm clothes dry out. Now, it`s out on the town to look for some more drinking places, again more friendly people, although one was a bit loco.
Back to the hotel to CHILL.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?