Sunday, September 09, 2007

 

Ocotal - Nicaragua

Cross the border from Honduras to Nicaragua.
I thought this was one of those border towns where the only reason to be there was that it was near the border. I was right. The only interesting thing was that we had a power-cut, but thanks to Felix I was prepared with my head torch in my bag.
The feel of the town was, well, safer than Honduras. But I´m not sure why. Maybe because the men were not carrying guns and machetes. That could be it.
One night was enough and we were off again. The road to Leon was like out of an American movie. The road was straight and went off into the horizon. Route 66 and all that shit. The difference here was the road had been tarmacked, once, I´m not sure when. Safe to say a long time ago. There was more pot holes than smooth bits. The Chicken buses in the distance had plums of dust coming from their tyres. There was an occasional dead dog with buzzards picking at its flesh, and a few views of some volcanos to take our minds of the bumpy journey.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?