Monday, August 13, 2007

 

San cristobal de las casas










From the steamy coast pueblitos of Puerto and Zepolite to the cold dry mountain air of San Cristobal. This is the stonge hold of the Zapatistas. There were signs of them everywhere. Little girls in the street selling dolls of Zapatistas for $5mx. How could I say no.

Stencilling is in full force here with groups advertising who they are. Again like Oaxaca the more central they are the more chance they´ve been covered by the government.


I´m really thinking now that I want to do some work here rather than in Argentina. And considering that the group I contact in Argentina didn´t get back to my last emails, I´m not sure what´s happening. Both Oaxaca and Chapas has an interest to me for doing some volunteer work sometime in the future.







Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?