Thursday, August 02, 2007

 

Oaxaca










It`s been a few years since I was in this town. Before the Zocalo was boarded up and there were hundreds of people camped and I do mean camped in tents and under tarps. I was very hard to see what this town was like, as this town was famous for its old colonial charm. And what started as people protesting about, if I can remember rightly, funding or rather under-funding for education, continued and there`s been people killed.
Any way, after spending a day in town we went back to the hotel, Hotel Arnel. I tried to switch on the light and the switch fell to the ground! I went to reception and told the guy the problem and he came to have a look. After inspecting it under the light of my torch, he said he`d be back. He came back, after some time, with a screw-driver and started to undo the switch and was changing the switch. Now I did say "after some time" stupidly I assumed that he needed to switch the electricity off or do some sort of isolation. Not in Mexico! I was holding my torch so he could see what he was doing and the wires were sparking as he was pulling them out of the old switch and then again putting them back into the new one. ¡Que loco!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?