Thursday, August 23, 2007

 

Guatemala - birthdays

I'm feeling really tired at this moment. I'm doing a spanish course and living with a family, so I'm living in a residential area. It's one of the next door neighbours' birthday today, and there's a guatemalan tradition I didn't know about. So I was woken up at 3am with the sound of firecrackers right outside my window. These fireworks sound like gunfire, so not funny. And after trying to get back to sleep there was a mariachi band outside at 5am which carried on until 6am. I don't like mariachis at the best of times but at that sort of time in the morning I wanted to............
I guess sometime in the future I'll be glad I experienced a guatemalan tradition but right now I just want to get some sleep.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?