Monday, July 30, 2007

 

Lucha libre

What´s lucha libre? Think American style wrestling but with a Latino Machismo and jalapeños and you´re almost there. We could have gone on an organised trip but that´s not me. So we went to the "Taquilla" ticket office at the arena. That turned in to an experience in its self. There were loads of touts trying to sell the best tickets, so to save cash I went to the taquilla. Now those who know me have a good idea that my Spanish is getting ok, but I was struggling in this situation. There was a mirrored window that you need to talk in to - like having a conversation with your self, only hearing this other voice as well.

Later that evening we went back to the arena. Now it was almost unrecognisable with stalls selling masks and toys of all your favourite wresters. After being frisked we went in and we were greeted with a wall of sound. The wrestling its self was great to watch. I know it´s not real but those guys do have some great gymnastic abitity, and they kept Lisa entertained with their pecs. I also learned some more Spanish profanities.

We left before the end. We were a distance from the hostel and there was going to be 17,000 people on the streets. Maybe a wise choice to leave early.

If you get the chance to go, go.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?