Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Figueres

In Lonely Planet it has stated about Figueres, and I quote, "a humdrum town (some might say a dive)". I've got to say this is a bit harsh. Yes, the town does die down after the day trippers have gone back to their sea side resorts, and I know the main attraction is the DalĂ­ museu, but it's just like lots of other small towns. I think It's more a case of Figueres being over shadowed by the museu.

We were there early mid week and there was not much night life, but there are some very nice sit out side tapas bars to watch the world not go by. The best in my mind is El cafe de barri vall. I went to the bath room at this place and there was a bath. Yes it has a full bathroom. You could bring your towel and soap and have a good scrub. Now there's a challenge!

You my notice that there are no pictures with this blog. Well the main attraction is the museu and there were many visitors taking pictures of interactive art. Yes, I kid you not, do they not realise that the whole point of this type of art is the experience!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?