Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

Cansado en Granada!


OK, the plan for day 4 in Granada: get up at 8 to go to the alambra to get a ticket for later in the day. I woke up at 12 aching all over, pink with by the sun and scratched all over my legs and arms. Yes, I know, I've been saying to loads of people how much I miss Mountain Biking but this is one thing I don't miss. The saddle from hell had done plenty of damage and I can't ever remember feeling like that from riding before. Needless to say that I didn't go to the alambra. Should I say go or should I say do? I don't know! To me using to do is like ticking something off. If that's the case what's the point. One of the things about traveling for me is not to just do all the tourist things and if I'm going to be doing more traveling in the future I can't do every museum in every city I visit. I know going to Granada and not going to the alambra is like going to Paris and not going to see the Iffel tower. But so many people have been to Granada and not been to the Sierra Nevada. I'm struggling to think of one man-made thing that can't be out classed something produced by nature. For any Christians reading this and want to comment about the hand of God, let me know and I'll send you the link to my Atheist blog site and we can discuss such thing over there. So what do I really mean by nature? Well I'm including people in that as well. The people I met when I was touring around Mexico have had more lasting affect than even the pyramids at Teotituacán. But are people not shaped by our suroundings? If so then why not look at every aspect of the place. Why come away from Granada thinking wow wasn't the alambra so beautiful and why not why was there so much feminist stencils on the walls! I did get a few looks taking all these pictures but thats good, I think. I always want to meet the real people from the place. Some times it can be problematic. I recomended to one of my students to use the bus in London and keep asking the way with people on bus. But I wouldn't recommend Brixton to one of my students as a place to visit. Depends on the place I guess!
The night before I was with the lads in a bar and we had a few beers and were spouting off in English and I paid for the beers and the barman gave me twenties change and I needed tens to settle up with the lads so I asked the barman to change the twenty for two tens. There was a few people next to use and one of the guys heard me ask the barman in Spanish and commented on my Spanish being very good. I guess it has improved and I even spotted a grammatical mistake in one of the stencils regarding the time-frame of the action. It's not being anal, it's just you get it drummed into you, like with my students. Another thing is, always leave something else to go back to see or do. But if you do that too much then when will it stop. I do want to travel but also settle down. But where and when? Another friend said you can plan but sometime you just can't plan so far in advance and you have just got to let things take their course.

Well well, time to crash out again. The day after this one in at the time of experience and taking the pictures not tomorrow if you get what I mean, will be Malaga. Cadiz, Jarez and Sevilla. To sum up I didn't do the Alambra Palace but who cares?
























Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?