Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

Cadiz o cadi

This is another town where finding accommodation proved to be problematic. I think it was my 10 attempt at a hostel and they had one double room left, so I went for it. Just as I did some more people turned up asking for rooms. I chilled out in the room for a while my lip was now hurting quite a bit and it was about 40 degrees outside, it's a small town and I was stopping here for two days which should be plenty of time to see everything. When I did venture out I found this stencil of dog foot prints that must have been for a good 100m from the pavement through this park and then into the pond. Different and quite interactive and more importantly in the shade. Back to the title, I was now getting a taste of the food and he accent down here. The food is fish based mostly just fish, I went for some pijotas for 2.55 euros para llevar (take away). These were whole fish gutted and then fried and a fair size bag, very nice if a bit messy. I think that my Spanish has improved but I was struggling down here. They speak so fast, I think the Spanish speak fast but with the Andaluz accent it's even faster. Why is it faster? Because the cut the ends of words off eg "Dos Mas?" becomes "Do ma?" etc. As for nightlife I found the usual Irish bars which always seem to be the place to go.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?