Friday, July 14, 2006

 

The cherry on the cake!

I know I'm leaving the teaching game and I'm usually a reasonable man but I've just had enough. I've had a class with they guy preparing for his air traffic controllers exam, two hours a day three days a week. His place is a bit far out of town ie near the airport - by metro station campo de las naciones and then autobus 112 for 10 minutes to his place. With connections and all that (one metro line is closed so the journey takes longer than usual) about 1 and a half hours to get there. Normally I would not do a three hour round trip but for a two hour class it's probably worth it.
I should have been the last class today. I turned up at his house and rang the bell, no answer, I rang it a few more times and then called his mobile. Apparently he phoned LL on Wednesday to cancel today's class. Fantastic!
3 hours of my day and instead of 30 euros I've got a very round number of euros.
Still looking on the bright side of life I have only another week to go and then I'm back in Blighty for a two weeks to chill out. And I think it will be a chill out, Lisa informed me that it is a very nice cool 28 degrees over there so about 10 degrees cooler. The other day I pucked up after drinking some cold OJ. I was really hot and I took it straight from the fridge. I know all this form doing phys at uni, blood goes to your surface to cool you down and away from your stomach, and so it can't cope with the cold liquid and gets rid of it. Maybe this is what all this has been about I don't think I've leaned a lot from all this experience that I didn't already know but when you are experiencing it, it sinks in.
I'll see all you London lot next week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?