Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

Mahou! /mau:/

Whilst I spent my birthday moving into my new home on calle Atocha and my bithday night all Billy no mates, the MRC kindly send some of my friends from work over to Madrid to keep me company for the weekend (on the pretence of a conference on kidney cancer).
Why the title? Apparently, after they arrived Tim had some problems ordering the local brew, Mahou, (pronounced /mau:/).

After meeting with Columbian expat Diana we visited the area around Metro San Bernado, a nice area a bit away form the touristy centre. I've forgot the name of the bar, but there's a selection of board games to play, while you're having a drink. Tim by now was getting the hang of ordering beer over here, simply ask for una caƱa.



Leena was feeling shy and weak after not eating too well. But if you eat pork you'll have plenty of choice!

The day after (Sunday morning 10am start) at the world famous "el rastro" street market.






I'm off the wagon and back on the caffine.
One "perro" who doesn't believe that size is important and did it's best to keep the everybody entertained.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?